(Sabbatical Jan-July 2015)
Laurea (cum laude) (Pavia); MS (UC San Diego), Ph.D. (Milan)
Level 4, Civil/Mech Building, room E414
Phone: +64 3 364 2249 ext: 6249
Fax : +64 3 364 2758
Email : email@example.com
Structural Mechanics: Reinforced and Precast/Prestressed Concrete; Structural and Seismic Design, Vulnerability Assessment and Retrofit Techniques
Please visit my research profile page for more extensive research information and a list of my recent publications.
- Performance-Based Seismic Design and Assessment Philosophy
- Displacement-Based Design
- Role, assessment and mitigation of residual deformations
- Seismic design of self-centering precast/prestressed buildings and bridges
- Vulnerability assessment and seismic response of existing reinforced concrete buildings
- Retrofit/Strengthening strategies
- Modeling of the seismic behavior of precast/prestressed and connections and systems
- Use of high performance materials for seismic application
Professional Affiliations, Activities and Achievements (last 5 years):
- Co-convenor of fib (international federation of concrete) WG 7.5, "Seismic Design of Buildings incorporating High-Performance Materials"
- Member of fib WG 7.3-7.4 ("State-of-the-art on Seismic Design of Precast/Prestressed Concrete Buildings") and WG 7.6, "Critical Comparison of Major Seismic Codes for Concrete Buildings"
- Council Member, NZCS, Concrete Society
- Member of the ACI 440-F Sub-committee on Seismic Strengthening of Concrete Buildings using FRP Systems
- Management Committee Member, NZ Society of Earthquake Engineering (NZSEE)
- NZS3101: 2005 Concrete Code, Standards NZ. Member of Task Group on Precast Concrete
- Ivan Skinner Award 2005 (EQC/NZSEE) given 'for the advancement of earthquake engineering in New Zealand."
- Otto Glogau Award 2005 (NZSEE)
- NZSEE 2005 Award for Best Research Conference Paper
- Best Research Paper : 2008 NZSEE Conference, April 2008, New Zealand
- NZCS Sandy Cormack Award 2004 for the most original and innovative conference paper contribution
- fib Award 2003 for Young Engineers (under 40 years old) - Category Research - for outstanding contribution in the research on reinforced concrete.
- Member of the International Faculty of the ROSE School (European
School for Advanced Studies on Reduction on the Seismic Risk), Pavia,