BSc, MSc, PhD, Politecnico di Milano
(Technical University of Milan)
4th floor Civil Engineering building, room E410
Phone: +64 3 364 2987 (internal: 8867)
Fax: +64 3 364 2758
Please visit my research profile page for more extensive research information and a list of my recent publications.
Structural design, structural mechanics, reinforced and precast/prestressed structures, bridge engineering, seismic engineering
- Seismic design of bridges
- Seismic design of jointed ductile self-centering systems
- Dynamic behaviour of rigid bodies with particular emphasis to historical buildings
- Modelling of the seismic behaviour of precast/prestressed and reinforced concrete connections and systems
- Long term effects of composite steel-concrete, reinforced and/or prestressed concrete structures
- Interaction of creep, shrinkage and temperature in concrete elements (seasonal thermal variations in prestressed bridges and external panels)
- Flexural and shear behaviour of fibre reinforced and high performance concrete structures
- Timber buildings and bridges
- Serviceability, durability and maintenance of concrete bridges
Professional Affiliations, Activities and Achievements (last 5 years):
- Member of New Zealand Earthquake Engineering Society (NZEES), achieved 2005
- Member of ANIDIS “Italian National Association of Earthquake Engineering”.
- ASSOBETON (National Association Concrete Elements) award for the best thesis (1998-2000) on the italian prefabrication in concrete elements, (2nd classified)
- ASSIMPREDIL (Association of Building Construction Companies) award for the best master thesis (“F.lli Pesenti School) during the academic year 1999
- Best Paper Conference: “Advanced Flag-Shape Systems for High Seismic Performance including Near-fault Effects”, New Zealand Society Earthquake Engineering Conference, Palmerson North (New Zealand), March, 30th-April, 1st, 2007.
- Journal of Earthquake Engineering
- Engineering Structures